Woodnet Forums
A few pens - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A few pens (/showthread.php?tid=7352040)

A few pens - wrx4sabelle - 12-26-2019

I made some pens for gifts this Christmas, all were well received, at least from the comments so far.  I like making pens but have never sold any, just give them away (or use them myself!)

Here are a few that I made, I forgot to take pictures of the others before I gave them away (Dragon, Baseball, Lever Action, etc.)

The Skull twist pen I made for myself - I like a large pen, and thought it was really neat looking.  There are wisps of white pearl effect in the black that look sweet, and I like the way the red jewels in the eyes catch the light.  I have a couple of more (bought the starter kit) to make.
[attachment=22489]

This Mayan pen was going to be for my sister but the twist mech sticks sometimes so I made her a Dragon pen which she loves and works correctly.  This one I keep by my chair in the living room.
[attachment=22490]

This is an Every Day click pen I made for fun with curly Koa, and will probably give it away some time.  It's a nice size though a bit light for my taste, and I have a few more to make.
[attachment=22491]

RE: A few pens - iclark - 12-26-2019

Very nicely done on all 3. I look forward to being able to spend some time at the lathe again. Thanks for the inspiration.

RE: A few pens - Arlin Eastman - 12-27-2019

You have been busy turning pens and mills.  Thank you so much for posting them for us to look at.

RE: A few pens - crokett™ - 12-27-2019

Nice job. I like the pattern in the skull pen