Woodnet Forums
Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S (/showthread.php?tid=7357675)

Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S - TRW - 09-09-2020

I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

If anyone needs parts (other than the trunnion) for their DW705S, contact me via PM and I'll sell you what I have for a fair price if you cover the shipping costs.

I also have the DW7050 extension kit if anyone is interested.

RE: Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S - MGoBlue1984 - 09-16-2020

(09-09-2020, 08:23 PM)TRW Wrote: I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

If anyone needs parts (other than the trunnion) for their DW705S, contact me via PM and I'll sell you what I have for a fair price if you cover the shipping costs.

Your PM is disabled. What price for the extension?

RE: Parting Out a Dewalt DW705S - ed kerns - 09-25-2020

(09-09-2020, 08:23 PM)TRW Wrote: I had a Dewalt DW705S 12-inch compound miter saw that served me well for 20 years before the trunnion cracked. It is now stuck permanently at 90 degrees but still runs like a bat out of hell. Replaced it with a new Dewalt slider and have now decided I should "part" it out.

I have a DW705 type 4 saw that needs a switch. The switch is unavailable, so repairing the saw requires buying a kit with a new housing to accommodate a slightly larger switch. If the switch from our two saws match, I'd be happy to buy yours. I could send you a pic of the switch in my saw. Thanks!