Woodnet Forums
Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen (/showthread.php?tid=7374491)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - EightFingers - 12-11-2023

Will need to decide on which. I like undermount for the looks but it’s a lot harder to replace if it needs to be replaced. Top mount is easier to replace but doesn’t look as “clean”. 
Any thoughts?

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - fredhargis - 12-11-2023

I agree with your perspective. I would pick top mount.

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - Roly - 12-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 03:30 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I agree with your perspective. I would pick top mount.

How often do you replace the sink without replacing the countertop ?  Roly

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - R Clark - 12-11-2023

We've had both kinds.  Currently, it's an undermount sink.  My vote is for undermount, no question.

Sink removal is something that happens rarely, if ever.

However, wiping down the counter after meal prep or other use is a several times per day affair, at least in my house. Not having that lip to make that menial task more difficult is more important to us.

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - BrentDH - 12-11-2023

Undermount without a doubt.  Have had both.  Couldn't wait to get an undermount and have never regretted it.  I agree with the question of "how often do you really replace the sink?"

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - museumguy - 12-11-2023

I did these for a living. It always seemed that customers wanted undermount but didn't want the cost. I personally have an undermount and would never have anything but. My vote is undermount.

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - Snipe Hunter - 12-11-2023

Assuming we're talking about granite or Quartzite, unde-rmount, no question. It just looks nicer and cleaner. Easier to clean the countertop. Also assuming the installer knew what he/he was doing.

Once in a while (doing inspections), I see an under-mount that has come loose but it's pretty rare.

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - blackhat - 12-11-2023

Under mount, and shoot the first person that suggests a garburater

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - Stwood_ - 12-11-2023

Never have had a under-mount personally, and never had a request for a under-mount when I was in the kitchen cabinet and staircase business.

RE: Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen - lift mechanic - 12-11-2023

Under mount, but not made of stone. The stone is a big heat sink. They look nice, but I regret mine.