Under mount or top mount sink for kitchen
Will need to decide on which. I like undermount for the looks but it’s a lot harder to replace if it needs to be replaced. Top mount is easier to replace but doesn’t look as “clean”. 
Any thoughts?
VH07V  
I agree with your perspective. I would pick top mount.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-11-2023, 03:30 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I agree with your perspective. I would pick top mount.

How often do you replace the sink without replacing the countertop ?  Roly
We've had both kinds.  Currently, it's an undermount sink.  My vote is for undermount, no question.

Sink removal is something that happens rarely, if ever.

However, wiping down the counter after meal prep or other use is a several times per day affair, at least in my house. Not having that lip to make that menial task more difficult is more important to us.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Undermount without a doubt.  Have had both.  Couldn't wait to get an undermount and have never regretted it.  I agree with the question of "how often do you really replace the sink?"
I did these for a living. It always seemed that customers wanted undermount but didn't want the cost. I personally have an undermount and would never have anything but. My vote is undermount.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Assuming we're talking about granite or Quartzite, unde-rmount, no question. It just looks nicer and cleaner. Easier to clean the countertop. Also assuming the installer knew what he/he was doing.

Once in a while (doing inspections), I see an under-mount that has come loose but it's pretty rare.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Under mount, and shoot the first person that suggests a garburater
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Never have had a under-mount personally, and never had a request for a under-mount when I was in the kitchen cabinet and staircase business.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Under mount, but not made of stone. The stone is a big heat sink. They look nice, but I regret mine.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor