Woodnet Forums
Whatever happened to Derek? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Whatever happened to Derek? (/showthread.php?tid=7375724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Whatever happened to Derek? - Timberwolf - 04-28-2024

It just occurred to me that I haven't seen Derek posting in forever...hope he is all right...has anyone heard from him?

https://www.inthewoodshop.com/

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Tapper - 04-28-2024

Always enjoyed his posts. Seems to have gone dark.

Doug

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Tony Z - 04-28-2024

Try SMC, posts regularly there.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Stwood_ - 04-29-2024

I believe he gave up on this place. Lack of traffic and posts, and software that needs fixed badly.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Mike Brady - 04-29-2024

(04-29-2024, 12:06 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I believe he gave up on this place. Lack of traffic and posts, and software that needs fixed badly.

Undoubtedly true, but this is still a good place to sell and buy tools.  The forum could definitely use a boost in the traffic from some former members and less from some others.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - AHill - 04-29-2024

His last post was last year in June or July. I think he also got frustrated with a couple of members that challenged his expertise / experience. Can't blame him for leaving. He's still active on his own website and on Sawmill Creek.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Handplanesandmore - 04-29-2024

Mike,

What did you drink this morning or afternoon?

If this site needs more traffic, everyone's help is needed, including those "some others'."

Simon

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Tapper - 04-29-2024

What a shame. One of the most talented woodworkers who ever posted here, IMO. He always shared his projects with explanatory photos as well as his techniques, a truly selfless participant. Too bad some of the best contributors have left because of a few derelicts who seem to be able to hang around in spite of what they say. Same true down in the basement.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Pedder - 04-30-2024

I miss a lot of people here. Derek is not the first.
And I miss the friendly calm chatter atmosphere.

RE: Whatever happened to Derek? - Joe Bailey - 04-30-2024

(04-29-2024, 11:15 PM)Tapper Wrote: Too bad some of the best contributors have left because of a few derelicts who seem to be able to hang around in spite of what they say.

(04-30-2024, 08:52 AM)Pedder Wrote: And I miss the friendly calm chatter atmosphere.

I could not agree more with the general theme of these posts.

These days I spend less time on this and other forums precisely because of incessant, trolling behavior by at least one individual who brings rancor and turmoil to every thread in which he participates.

In many of the threads which ultimately get closed, this same individual is responsible for derailing the conversation.

The solution is stricter moderation.