Whatever happened to Derek?
Politics 
It just occurred to me that I haven't seen Derek posting in forever...hope he is all right...has anyone heard from him?

https://www.inthewoodshop.com/
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Always enjoyed his posts. Seems to have gone dark.

Doug
Try SMC, posts regularly there.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I believe he gave up on this place. Lack of traffic and posts, and software that needs fixed badly.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-29-2024, 12:06 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I believe he gave up on this place. Lack of traffic and posts, and software that needs fixed badly.

Undoubtedly true, but this is still a good place to sell and buy tools.  The forum could definitely use a boost in the traffic from some former members and less from some others.
His last post was last year in June or July. I think he also got frustrated with a couple of members that challenged his expertise / experience. Can't blame him for leaving. He's still active on his own website and on Sawmill Creek.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Mike,

What did you drink this morning or afternoon?

If this site needs more traffic, everyone's help is needed, including those "some others'."

Simon
What a shame. One of the most talented woodworkers who ever posted here, IMO. He always shared his projects with explanatory photos as well as his techniques, a truly selfless participant. Too bad some of the best contributors have left because of a few derelicts who seem to be able to hang around in spite of what they say. Same true down in the basement.
I miss a lot of people here. Derek is not the first.
And I miss the friendly calm chatter atmosphere.
(04-29-2024, 11:15 PM)Tapper Wrote: Too bad some of the best contributors have left because of a few derelicts who seem to be able to hang around in spite of what they say.

(04-30-2024, 08:52 AM)Pedder Wrote: And I miss the friendly calm chatter atmosphere.

I could not agree more with the general theme of these posts.

These days I spend less time on this and other forums precisely because of incessant, trolling behavior by at least one individual who brings rancor and turmoil to every thread in which he participates.

In many of the threads which ultimately get closed, this same individual is responsible for derailing the conversation.

The solution is stricter moderation.