Early WoodNet, still more added
I too remember all the tool orgy's , got in on most of them. I remember couldn't wait to see what the next great DEAL was, almost like Christmas as a kid, got in on MS 25% the amazon code deal where they forgot to set the parameters for the $ limit. the Worksharp 3000 HD deal , Clamp man deals, love those clamps. , Bench Dog cast iron router top deal, I think like $225 each off amazon, also remember getting a Dewalt 20" scroll saw with stand delivered from a Home Depot in Texas to IL for under $250 on a close out. This would have been close to the beginning of Woodnet and where I herd about it.
I also remember some Black Friday deals that were actual real deals ,one stands out was from Heavy Duty Tools I got a Bosh Colt. Hartville Tools also had great deals.
and the guy selling great saw blades in the SNS .

WoodNet was also a place for very shady critters to target.
I remember reading all the posts in the SNS on the guy that was selling work bench butcher block type counter tops. he took allot of orders . some people got them in the beginning, some people got burnt on that deal too. Woodneters are purity good about spotting the shady ones.
Yes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
THE Movie!

Big Grin
Ranger
These are PB pics, if they don't come out, let me know. I can post them here. I'll just need to shrink em first.

Some pics from the first SW Ohio get together. Bob Ross hosted (BacsiBob) who we just lost in the spring. He will be missed, very good guy.

[Image: BobRoss.jpg]

Jimmy and Brad, our guys from the Xenia/Jamestown area.

[Image: JimleftBradright.jpg]

Bob again, Big Eric the strong, he was blocking out Jimmies sun, and Hairy from Cinci. They were scoping some lumber I drug down, it was pretty nice stock, for not much $$$$$

[Image: EricJimBobandHairy.jpg]

Some goofy dood who was snapping pics, and selling wood.

[Image: Sumgoofyguy.jpg]

Bob passed, don't see Brad and Jimmy here anymore, nor Eric. I see Hairy here once in a while. I think he hangs with the round crowd in turning mostly. Time passes people move on, there were some other doods there, but they were hiding in Bob's shop, and I only got a few pics. I imagine Bob had more, he was walking around with a camera all day.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Carpenters, wooddorkers.....a couple invented terms I remember
VH07V  
Then there was the Dust Collection/Chip Collection war. We had two members who were regarded(rightly so) as experts in their fields.

The war was over which was the more important and which science was the better science.

The DC guy maintained(vociferously and at great length) dust collection was an exact science and his version was 'IT'! He published reams of information about air flow/resistance/turbulence/and more I forget.

The CC guy merely said there was a difference in how equipment should be assembled to do one or the other. He maintained collection dust in the most efficient manner left a lot to be desired as far as dealing with chips.

The DC guy had, up to the start of the war here, been kicked off most of the other woodworking web sites (conduct/rhetoric). I spent a lot of time(unseen by members) trying to convince both fellas they could coexist. The CC guy agreed(I think he is still a member), but the DC fella had to go.

Sad, since he really was knowledgeable and had lots of information about something necessary to woodworking.

I disremember how either fellow felt about grounding the system----which was another episode altogether.
Big Grin
(11-30-2017, 01:02 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Then there was the Dust Collection/Chip Collection war. We had two members who were regarded(rightly so) as experts in their fields.

The war was over which was the more important and which science was the better science.

The DC guy maintained(vociferously and at great length) dust collection was an exact science and his version was 'IT'! He published reams of information about air flow/resistance/turbulence/and more I forget.

The CC guy merely said there was a difference in how equipment should be assembled to do one or the other. He maintained collection dust in the most efficient manner left a lot to be desired as far as dealing with chips.

The DC guy had, up to the start of the war here, been kicked off most of the other woodworking web sites (conduct/rhetoric). I spent a lot of time(unseen by members) trying to convince both fellas they could coexist. The CC guy agreed(I think he is still a member), but the DC fella had to go.

Sad, since he really was knowledgeable and had lots of information about something necessary to woodworking.

I disremember how either fellow felt about grounding the system----which was another episode altogether.
Big Grin
The grounding discussions were epic
Watch your fingers!!

Enter in the Track Saw wars before the dust collection wars ended.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The grounding discussions were SHockIng....... Sometimes they just plain caught on FIRE...........

Steve, grounded DC, Festooool, Saw Stop weeny roasters, and Finger Nannies, all were, and are sometimes still epic.

I like to keep the fires going, there are a few it's really big fun to poke now and then. Some of em might shoot me ifn they could find me
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Always wanted to be part of the igit club
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Another tool that I never would have known about without WN is the Mortise Pal.  I forgot about it until today, when I used it.  I got in on the 1/2 price deal when he was updating to the new model.  Looks like Lee Valley bought him out and then stopped producing it.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe