Yet another belt sharpener...
CLETUS said:

Hi Chris,

I was finally able to open the 3d file... that is cool.

Am I missing something or can you only see and rotate the image at this point?

You aren't missing anything. I've not done the drawings yet.

I'll put them together shortly.
chris
No rush... It took me 2 phones and a computer to finally be able to see it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Quote:

Jacks superstructure is taller so he could get a longer lever. I couldn't find what he used which is why I ended up with 2"x2" angle iron

That's what I was thinking...You couldn't use a longer crank because of the height of the superstructure. Mine was ripped out of a section of 3 1/2" square aluminum that in another life, had probably been a column support for a carport..I just did a little "surgery" on it on the band saw..

I have a new variable speed 0 to 4,000rpm 1/2hp motor out in the garage that I have never used..I just may make the next grinder/sharpener using that motor to drive 2" wide belts...and in a "triangle" configuration...the slack adjuster/tracker would be a spring loaded idler in the center, making the platen slanted on about a 45* angle...a little more difficult to build, but still doable....Hmmmm..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

CLETUS said:

WOW. Sorry to get off topic, but that knife is gorgeous. Did you make that?

Steve
I saw that earlier, Steve!!! ..Couple years ago, I bought several pieces of Alabama "Raindrop" Damascus blank stock on Ebay, but never used any of it...That knife made me go dig it out and fondle it again. I bought it to make some small carving knives and the picture has me "revved up" to get started on one!!!

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

CLETUS said:

No rush... It took me 2 phones and a computer to finally be able to see it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Sorry about that.

Unfortunately only Acrobat on a computer (Mac or Windows) will display the pdf in 3D.

No other pdf client will display it.
chris
I buy the knife blanks... and yes, that is an Alabama damascus blank.
Mark

CLETUS said:

I buy the knife blanks... and yes, that is an Alabama damascus blank.

That's just drool-worthy. Where did you get the blank? What are the scales? They complement the damascus steel perfectly. Love the shape of that knife as well. That may be one of the nicest knives I've ever seen. I want want one!

Steve
see new thread
Mark

Just a heads up. I've got to rearrange the shop to make room for a plumber to run a line for natural gas service to my fireplace.

So I'll probably be delayed a couple of days with the drawings.
chris