Ideas for new shed floor covering and also loft
I purchased some of this 3/4" thick 4'x6' horse stall mat to cover a shed floor of mine. It serves the purpose great.

Horse Stall Mat
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Woodenfish said:

I purchased some of this 3/4" thick 4'x6' horse stall mat to cover a shed floor of mine. It serves the purpose great.

Horse Stall Mat

That is interesting. Thanks
Tractor Supply has the same mat, same price.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
bottd said:

Second the paint. If your putting this together yourself at lease put a heavy coast of primer on the bottom of the floor, paint if you want.

This is what I did in my 12x20 shed - garage floor paint with some sand in it over the OSB flooring. 10yrs later and its just fine. I store a zero turn mower, garden tractor and all their attachements (blade, deck, blower, spreader, aerator, sprayer) plus lots of other things as well. Plenty of oil leaks, mud and grime. Has held up just fine.
macpiano said:

New shed is coming friday and the floor is PT plywood. I would like to cover it with something. I'm thinking of some kind of 1/4 underlayment etc. I know stuff is going to drip and have mud etc. I was thinking of either luan, masonite, or they have a hardboard masonite that has a white that looks like waterproof coating. All would have a minimum of nails just enough to keep in place, almost like mats.

On the loft the wall height is 6'9'' inches on the sidewalls and 10.5 in the center to the top. The shed is 10x12 feet. I would probably only use about 4 feet of length from the gable end. Obviously it will be close to 10 feet wide. I was thinking of 2 x 6's for the span and maybe either notch the ends or use some type of joist hanger etc.

thanks for any ideas

im guessing 10' wide? if ya use 2 by 6 for the span on top of the top plate youre gonna be down to 5" of space above. put them below the top plate and anchor to studs and lose 5 1/5" of headroom.
im thinkin you could use 2 by 4 for that span, either above or below top plate, with a leg at the center to the rigde.

and oak flooring.
I bought the wife a 12x16 building to use as a chicken coop and before she even started the interior work on the coop she painted the floors and a foot up the walls with a black heavy thick paint that was for floors and contained just a hint of grit to make it non-skid. The paint was supposed to be water/oil resistant and durable.

The birds have done things ON it. She puts sand and shavings ON it. She sweeps it daily and she uses a heavy duty snow shovel on it to clean it down to bare floor before putting in new sand or shavings. After over a year, it still looks great and the wood underneath and still rock solid.

She got it at either lowes or home depot in a 5 gal bucket and rolled it on with a heavy matt roller until the entire bucket was gone, just to be sure she had good coverage. Worth every penny, and I think the bucket was on sale for less than $50... but I can't be sure.

(It may have even been a roof coating..?)
But I'm 95% that it was for floors.
She's sleeping now since it's after midnight, or I'd ask her.
What? Oh no way will I wake her. I'm not that crazy.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
The wife's up, and turns out it was Lowes, and imagine that...
Rubberized roof coating:
http://hardwaredistributors.com/roofcoat...kcoYaAp5Y8P8HAQ
Jim in Okie
Thanks Jim. My mother in law does chickens in Florida so i understand the work involved with raising them.
macpiano said:

Thanks Jim. My mother in law does chickens in Florida so i understand the work involved with raising them.

The one thing folks always say when they come and look at her coops is that they are the cleanest coops they have ever seen. They NEVER have a smell during the day. She cleans them every day, first thing in the mornings.

Not only does that keep the odor down, but keeps all her fowl healthy!
Jim in Okie
Oversized anti-fatigue mats are available.

https://www.americanfloormats.com/ultras...tigue-mat/

https://www.americanfloormats.com/oversi...igue-mats/