Grizzly tools looking at the 8" jointer 490xw
K. L, McReynolds said:

Oh, one other thing, Papa Griz is a WoodNet member.

Maybe he would help us with a discount for a few things we need.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have it's brother the Shop Fox W1741 and am very happy with.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I bought the 490X last fall and so far I am happy with it.
Anthony W said:

[blockquote]Bob DeViney said:

I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.

Just one helper? I guess I had the wrong helpers.

[/blockquote]

Shoot I only had one helper, we didn't even break a sweat.

Ohhhh you were talking about lifting it, ahhhhhhh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I bought the showroom model (non "X"/spiral cutter) a few months ago- I'm loving it so far, especially now that the belt has broken in a bit (it was stiff/went "clunk" at first until it loosened up)

It's even heavier when its already assembled...

Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
Arlin Eastman said:

[blockquote]K. L, McReynolds said:

Oh, one other thing, Papa Griz is a WoodNet member.

Maybe he would help us with a discount for a few things we need.

Arlin

[/blockquote]

A few of us here (especially you) qualify for this discount in the link - I think their margins are already pretty danged thin so I am very appreciative of the gesture.

https://grizzlyindustrial.sheerid.com/

Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
Anthony W said:

[blockquote]Bob DeViney said:

I've had one for about a year. Very happy with its performance. You'll want a helper to lift the jointer bed out of the wooden shipping box and onto the cabinet.

Just one helper? I guess I had the wrong helpers.

[/blockquote]

Guess so. My son helped me lift the table onto the cabinet, and left. What upper body strength I have left is compromised by arthritis in my neck, shoulders, hips and right knee. But I admit to preferring to do as much by myself as possible. When I got the Delta 18-900L floor standing drill press I wondered how I'd lift the head onto the post. I ended up leaving the powerhead in the shipping container with the hole facing upward, and dropping the base and post into the head. Then, after dropping the base onto the floor, I levered up the head and added blocking until I could get under it in a deep squat and lifted it. The last little bit was panic inducing as I was at my limit. Then I went inside and got an Advil.