Fertilizer spreader recommendation needed.
For a yard that size just buy a hand spreader or any old push spreader. You do not want a metal spreader. There is a reason they are plastic. Fertilizer in contact with steel means instant rust. Far worse than any salt on cars in the rust belt.
Another Scott spreader here. The hopper is plastic for a reason,fertilizer would eat up a metal hopper. The blade at the bottom opening is stainless steel. I blow the hopper out with air when done using it. If you keep it clean it should last many years.
mike
mike4244 said:

Another Scott spreader here. The hopper is plastic for a reason,fertilizer would eat up a metal hopper. The blade at the bottom opening is stainless steel. I blow the hopper out with air when done using it. If you keep it clean it should last many years.
mike

I will second this also. Nothing wrong with it. Have had mine for 6 years now. I fertalize twice a year 80X100 lot
John T.
thooks said:

40x140?

http://www.amazon.com/Scotts-Handy-Hand-...ilizer+spreader

Don't abuse it. It will work. Otherwise, use a Solo cup and your hands...

Speaking from lots of experience on this one... it's a pos... Currently I am in talks with Stihl to produce one, but I don't know if Germany is going to sign off on it. We pushed it up on our end, but its up to the main office whether they want to design a more robust option. Currently on the market, there are no "great" options in regards to the smaller handheld spreaders.
Well, Bye...
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just buy the cheapie and hope for the best.

John
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
The old red ortho handheld spreaders were good. They last forever.
Scotts over 10 years. Plastic bucket. I hose it out after use.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
thooks said:

I would rather youse guys work on a KM attachment that is more or less a hydraulic pruner.

Thanks.

Now that would be handy. There are enough spreaders on the market as it is.
thooks said:

40x140?

http://www.amazon.com/Scotts-Handy-Hand-...ilizer+spreader

Don't abuse it. It will work. Otherwise, use a Solo cup and your hands...

That thing is great for spreading ice on the driveway, sidewalk in the winter.
if you want a good once, get a Lesco. WAY overkill for what you need, but since you asked...