Pvc trim boards
I used an AZEK knockoff, Royal maybe, to trim out 9 porch columns for a friend. I ripped, molded, mitered and glued/nailed it in place. I primed it with an acrylic primer with no problems, and my friend painted it, also without problems. It's been about 3 years now with no problems. The only complaint I had with it is the static electricity that's generated when you cut it makes the sawdust stick to everything, including me.

John
I use it all the time. My lumberyard stocks Versatek, but I've found no difference between that and Azek. (color maybe, just a shade off)

No issues with painting, no water wicking, no noticeable movement, even on the south side of the house... I miter the joints, glue with pvc cement and pocket screw. Truthfully, once the glue sets, the screws could come out. The joint wont come apart.
I cant even count how many homes I've used it on. If there were issues like was stated earlier here, I'd have a lot of angry phone calls.
-who?
The vendors here flat tell you if you paint it much darker than white in hot places it will move big time. In the Bay Area not really that big of an issue but in Sacramento and areas like it, the stuff could give you fits if painted dark and problems even in white depending on exposure
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

+1

You need to sand it well and even use a primer for sheer bonding. Even getting the primer to cover is more work than painting a wood product. A lot of people here were using it for window sills and brick mold. I use to hate that stuff when I was painting. I'd take wood and the potential rot over PVC.

Curlycherry said:

It expanded and shrank like crazy on my house and I had to have several pieces that were in direct sunlight replaced. Over ~10' it would move ~1/2"-3/4" leaving gaps at both ends.

Long runs,over 12'-0" we always left a large gap in the center of the run.If it was facia board or a ledger board we nailed a "Keystone" over the gap.Door and window trim that had the miters glued always held up well.Same with exterior crown.
mike