Midwest heroes.. need help getting tool from OH to IA
I've often wished we had a ruckering arrangement here.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-20-2016, 07:48 AM)Kudzu Wrote: This sort of thing is called 'Ruckering' over on the OWWM board. Nicknamed after Mr Rucker who was a master at getting heavy machined moved across the country little by little by other members. Of course the guys that are into old machines generally have trailers, trucks, moving tools. Depends on the members but it is usually done free or for some cash changes hands to help on gas.

I have had two machines Ruckered to another members house and picked them up there and picked them up.

AgGEM thanks Kudzu for that explanation. Ag has pondered the foundation of the Ruckering word.
maybe i'll go kick some tires on OWWM.. i have some old equipment that might get a few fellars worked up.
My Day Job
well, bye.
(09-20-2016, 12:12 PM)closed for business Wrote: maybe i'll go kick some tires on OWWM.. i have some old equipment that might get a few fellars worked up.

Careful how you tread over there. Still the only place in the world I have been kicked out of, and I was just trying to help an old neighbor sell a few tools.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I want to go to Iowa to visit relatives, but I don't have a truck.
Thank you Josh and everyone.  I just learned about this from the Christmas Auction on the auction of a bandsaw and I am very Grateful for all the wonderful people here.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I can transport the lathe to Chicago if someone can grab it tomorrow evening.

I can also get the lathe to Indianapolis on Saturday.

If anyone can pick up on either day, let us know.

Best,
Sam
I'll pitch in some money for shipping.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
You can start a GoFund Me page but they do take a percentage...
Ralph, there's a thread in the Christmas Auction forum gathering funds to ship the lathe and a new bandsaw to Arlin. Look for the Grizz G0555 item.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.