Choosing a foundation contractor?
you have any experience growing rice?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-25-2016, 09:03 PM)Bob10 Wrote: you have any experience growing rust?

fixt
Wink
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I will build the yard up a little, but so far problems water sitting up lately.
(10-25-2016, 04:20 AM)CJIII Wrote: Will use rebar, and wire mesh. The slab will be 4'' thick.

You should make a sketch for the reinforcement, made part of the contract, so they don't cheat.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I recently got three bids myself to widen the driveway and pour some additional pad on side of house for garbage cans. I decided to go with the cheapest guy, also 1200....problem was he never showed up to do the job. Promised to be here next day...nothing, more promises, but never showed  up.. So went with the middle quote, 1450,  guy was great, came on time, cleaned everything up, very happy with  job.
(10-24-2016, 09:19 PM)CJIII Wrote: I live in Central Alabama.

I will say I live in tx and it's quite a bit hotter here than Alabama but here I would insulate the slab. You would be surprised how much heat is transferred from the ground to the slab. My slab will easily get up to 100* in the summer. Also if I were building a shop from scratch here I'd put pex in for in floor cooling and run the irrigation well water through the slab to cool it. Not cold water like up north but would still remove heat for free while watering.
Your concrete slab in an enclosed building gets to 100*? That's some kind of hot dirt you got there.
But piles 2' above grade might be a consideration?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

The lake effect . Roly
I think the suggestion is build it like a dock and add stairs or a floating ramp
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.