Stanley ORIGINAL chisel handles
Thank you all for your comments. Just to be clear, the dollar figures I quoted are not my estimates. They are actual numbers from actual sales by myself, on Ebay, and on other sites. I didn't make them up, they are real figures. The higher end of those were from several auctions and sales for the 750 chisels that had portions of the original logo still on them, as a few of mine do. No, I don't expect to get those prices myself, and wouldn't ask that amount. I don't have the same clientele that some of the big east coast sellers have. The depth of their pockets have no limits in some cases.

As to the quality of the Berg chisels, the manufacturer was well known for his quality control, hardness testing, and his demand for the best in raw materials. The Eskilstuna factories were among the first in Europe to use electronically controlled tempering furnaces and forges. I took a tour while in the region in the 80's and the town of Eskilstuna, Sweden is quite proud of this legacy. He actually got his start in the production of straight razors. They are highly collectible.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I have a few Bergs as well as a couple of other chisels made in Ekilstuna. All are of cinsistently high quality-take a great edge and retain it.

As far as the Stanley chisel handles, they would command the price range asked, but probably only individually. As a group, might get $10 to $15 each, tops, if lucky. At a tool gathering, about a half dozen years ago, a dealer had an old nail keg half full of Stanley handles. Condition was from fair to great, and he was asking $3.00 each.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
If I could get 10-40 bucks a piece... I'd move them. I don't think I ever paid more that $10 for a Stanley chisel with a handle. Maybe I should part them out
Laugh .
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Ditto here. The most I ever personally got paid for a mint Stanley handle with the label in mint condition was $20. The guy wanted to finish his collection and needed the handle for the 2". He offered $20 and I took it. He had already bought several other tools from me.

The handles I have are from 4 sets of 7 chisels, plus a few spares. I've sold one full set since starting this thread.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com