Grizzly Jointers
I hear you Steve that is a good thing about not charging till the item is shipped. I ordered in early February after watching the same jointer on background before Christmas. Just seems like a long time. I checked their web site and just about every 8 inch jointer is on back order. I tried to get the one 8 inch in stock, the G0490W I believe for free shipping since I've been waiting so long but they would note bite. I have been checking around but in the meantime I'll just wait.
This jointer is still in stock in Washington. I just ordered one yesterday. I used to have a, (now discontinued), Grizzly G0543 that I had upgraded with a Shelix that I sold about 4 years ago when I moved from MN to TN. It was a good jointer but I constantly ran into boards being too wide for it and I vowed that my next jointer would be a 12" if I ever got a new shop built. The new shop is now a reality and my excitement knows no bounds because I'll soon be making hardwood sawdust again.

I would seriously consider the 12" if you have the room for it and can swing the extra bucks.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Nice jointer, I can't swing the extra bucks for that jointer or have the room for a 12 inch, thanks.
I guess lucky for me when I ordered the Jointer they had them, and it was a quick ship. I ordered the 15" HH planer when they had the free ship, and a deal on the price. I can't remember but I am almost positive it was in February, they were out, so I took the deal, and told them I would wait. I have a Delta 15", with straight knives, and a DeWalley 735 also with straight knives, but have a byrd head for it, I've never put on. I used the delta for bulk, and the DeWalley for finish, and I've had and sold several of these through the years. I like the Byrd for noise reduction, and longevity, but I only use the DeWalley to just take a whisp off, so the straight knives actually work well.

Anyhow I didn't mind waiting, and they had said the planers would be in sometime at the end of May to mid June. I got it 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out logistics of a crammed full shop, waiting while I build cabinets, but soon all but the new Griz will be finding new homes. I expect speed, and finish from the Grizz.
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

I hope they are off on your ship date, and it comes next week. I have no way of knowing, but maybe they sold more Planers than Jointers, and went for them first, or maybe that is just how the factory spit them out? I remember looking around when I ordered, and they showed Jointers available, and planers not so much, so it may have just been the planers were ordered sooner?

Best of luck on it. I'd stick with the Griz, unless a dealer let you have a Shop Fox for a great deal. I can't say anyone has said, hey I just got a new Baleigh, and I love it. I would think if you were going to pay the higher prices most would just get a Powermatic, which has automatic recognition, which if you ever wanted to trade up for size, or just sell it would bring you a lot more cash.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm up to do a "Go Fund Me" to finance the 12" jointer. You all are more than welcome to come by and use it on occasion!
Call me crazy but has anyone simply called Grizzly? I just did and they aren't open but seems like someone would have done that 
within this thread. Maybe they don't answer questions like that I don't know. 

Fill us (me) in if someone has talked to them about this Jointer issue. My Powermatic just took a crap. Want that G0490X spiral head Jointer.
I did talk to them when I placed my initial order by phone. I will be calling if the jointer I ordered is not in by mid May.
Ron, which jointer did you order? What was your budget for a jointer?
I ordered the G0656 jointer on 2/16. It was offered with free shipping in the new 2017 Grizzly catalog which came out around Christmas time and was on backorder then. I figured it would be in soon since it was on back order for so long. I did not notice at the time how many jointers were on back order back then but most of the 8 inch jointers are on back order now.
If you can swing another $181.00 you could get a Steelex parallelogram jointer. Personally I think it is a better design than the dovetailed design. Steelex is just a re badged Grizzly/Shop Fox.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Steelex-ST1006-8-J...Ciid%253A1