Cherry scraps, Project start up
(09-14-2017, 11:03 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Your box came out very nice. Thanks for sharing the build.

Have you a recipient/customer? Purpose? I couldn't find mention. The impression I get is it was purely free creation. Nice one, too.

Just trying to make a bit of use out of some wood on hand.   Boredom remedy, actually.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(09-14-2017, 11:09 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Just trying to make a bit of use out of some wood on hand.   Boredom remedy, actually.

Very nice indeed...
Skip

The project is lovely, and the construction looks very solid. Great work!

I'm not sure I would have put the pieces with the sapwood into the top panel like that, though. I think I would have either placed the sapwood along the edges of the panel or put those pieces with the sapwood into a less conspicuous panel altogether. But if you were going to end up with a stripe of sapwood in the panel anyway, I think you did the right thing in putting the two pieces with sapwood up next to each other. The arrangement looks a little less random that way.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop