1950s DeWalt MBF--free
(11-10-2017, 09:05 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Doug, look closely at the badge on the arm, just in front of "Dewalt" you'll see the AMF logo. They had bought out Dewalt and added their logo to the name...I think that's what Arlin was referring too. (Just trying to clarify.)

Tom, as a viewer of the Beaver show I had never noticed that saw in the garage...very interesting. Didn't notice the pack of cigarettes either, maybe because back then it was a very common sight (when they weren't rolled up into a tee shirt sleeve).

Good catch Tom; I stand corrected if Arlin indeed was referring to the brand and not the model. I have a GA model that is also badged under the AMF logo. Fortunately, it was early on after AMF took over and few if any changes had been made to the classic Dewalt design.

Doug
(11-10-2017, 01:18 PM)Tapper Wrote: Good catch Tom; I stand corrected if Arlin indeed was referring to the brand and not the model. I have a GA model that is also badged under the AMF logo. Fortunately, it was early on after AMF took over and few if any changes had been made to the classic Dewalt design.

Doug

Moving this to S&S--thanks for the suggestions any and all. REally tired of tripping over this thing
Smile
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson
Two forums you may want to try, one is just for Dewalt RAS's: http://people.delphiforums.com/snotzalot/sawdust/.   The other is OWWM: http://owwm.org/index.php.  Much more likely to find someone who will want to give it a good home over there.
(11-10-2017, 09:05 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Tom, as a viewer of the Beaver show I had never noticed that saw in the garage...very interesting.

For your viewing pleasure.
Laugh  The episode where Beaver was selling water was just on, so I snapped a pic.  I don't know what model it is, but it looks small.

He also has a Shopsmith on the other side of the garage.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"