Chest of drawers
Thumbs Up 
That looks really awesome.
(10-23-2017, 08:51 PM)iublue Wrote: Thank you all for the kind words.  Most of my pieces are "different".  I guess it is because I am different!!

The finish is General Finishes Satin Enduro, not Enduro-Var.  Enduro is crystal clear and made for spraying.  I absolutely LOVE it.  I actually sprayed about 10 gallons of it for a library project I did.  I had a piece left over and thought I would test it a little so I poured denatured alcohol on it and water.  Let both evaporate and nothing.  I then put a glass of ice water on it and left it for a couple of days.  There was the very slightest discoloration.  So slight that if you didn't know where it was and if you didn't look at it in glare light you would not see it.  I was impressed.

That's a very unique piece.  I really like how the front of the cabinet follows the live edge.  But that monolithic front, void of any detail, leaves me wanting to see something more, like integrated pulls, something.  Just my opinion.  Do the drawers slide open smoothly with the pulls on the ends?  They must fit really well not to rack.

I wanted to follow up on the finish.  You said GF's Enduro, but I think you mean Enduro Clear Poly, right?  Enduro denotes a family of products and not a specific product name. 

John
(10-24-2017, 08:53 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That's a very unique piece.  I really like how the front of the cabinet follows the live edge.  But that monolithic front, void of any detail, leaves me wanting to see something more, like integrated pulls, something.  Just my opinion.  Do the drawers slide open smoothly with the pulls on the ends?  They must fit really well not to rack.

I wanted to follow up on the finish.  You said GF's Enduro, but I think you mean Enduro Clear Poly, right?  Enduro denotes a family of products and not a specific product name. 

John

I had the same concern about the side pulls so I loaded the drawers with ~80 pounds of weight that they worked quite smoothly.  Yes, they fit quite snugly.  I appreciate the comment on the front and I can see how that would be a concern but I just liked the simplicity of no hardware and I think hardware would have detracted from the main feature of the piece, the curved drawer fronts.  On the up side, if someone is wanting to buy it and feels the same way then handles could always be added!!

You are correct, Enduro Clear Poly.
Not at all my style, but I can certainly appreciate the fine work you did on the laminations, and that top is right out of my embrace the imperfections speech. Great work.

I agree 100% with the simplicity, it's a feature in itself.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(10-24-2017, 05:31 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I'm loving it. Very, very, well done!

This.
Yes

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Great looking workmanship.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I think it is beautiful. I personally like pulls on stacked drawers and envision wide crescent or elliptical pulls in an ebony finish. Great work !!

Mike
(10-28-2017, 01:45 PM)CanoeBoy Wrote: I think it is beautiful.  I personally like pulls on stacked drawers and envision wide crescent or elliptical pulls in an ebony finish.  Great work !!

Mike

Once again, thank you to all for the kind words and critiques.

I agonized over the pulls/no pulls decision.  Went back and forth several times but decided against with the knowledge that pulls could be added if someone wanted the piece but only with pulls.  The reverse wouldn't be possible.  I had bent an extra drawer front and was going to use that as pulls since it would have the same profile.  I was going to experiment with finishes on the handles including black but that became a moot point when I decided against pulls.
(10-23-2017, 07:53 PM)iublue Wrote: Oak case with a NE spalted maple top.  I carried the profile of the NE into the drawers using a bent lamination.  No handles since I wanted a clean look on the front.  You can see in the one pic, I routed a finger pull area on the ends.  Both ends and the back is frame and flat panels.

All comments welcomed.

WOW! very unique! 
Excellent!
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink