Early WoodNet, still more added
(02-04-2024, 05:23 PM)GaryMc Wrote: I have been around since 2001 - lots of advice and fun over the early years.  Remember Mad Mark, Dave Arbuckle (sketchup expert), and old Woody, who could craft quick n' easy jigs for just about anything?  The hoopla Mac described led me to just lurk for several years, though.

Still lurking !!!
The Secret To Life; Breathe In, Breathe Out..
I miss the old days. This place is barely recognizable from about 2007-2015 ish. That was the good ol days....this place was lively...always SOMETHING going on be it controversy, buying new tools through the early amazon/bing cash back deals, lumber runs, and so on. 

I always love when these threads pop up. Makes me smile. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Just scrolled through this thread.. lots of name I haven't seen in a long while. Been here 17 years now.. dang.

I came here because I got a quote to build kitchen cabinets. The price blew my mind so I decided to build from scratch. Didn't have a table saw but I made an 8ft panel saw. Bought a router and a 12" planer. Made a horizontal router table for the raised panels. Bought a book on making cabinets and scant 10 months later
Sarcasm I had new kitchen cabinets. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have used maple and I would have just bought the cabinets. Learned a lot here and somehow accumulated a lot of interesting things in the shop. And I use all of it. This place helps me fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way and keep the TV off.

I've become friends with people here that I've still never met and some who I have. No regrets.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I don't post much but I've been lurking here a while. I miss the tool orgies/ deal posting, the active swap-n-sell, and the wild west knock-down drag out 'fights' (that I didn't participate in for the most part but always enjoyed reading). But the #1 most valuable piece of WW advice (or life in general) I got from this site was "Joint the board Dale" (i.e.- quit over-analyzing and just do the thing in case you weren't here for that thread). I think about that one all the time when I'm stuck on a problem. Does anyone remember who said that and who is Dale, is he still active here. FWIW, this is still the best WW forum around even if it ain't what it used to be.
Bump again. Memories in here
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-04-2024, 03:00 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Lots of the above guys no longer here.

That's sad...I've taken long breaks at times...no real reason other than life got in the way, but every once and awhile, I make it back.

I was part of the infamous meeting up day when we had one group up in Michigan and one in Texas.  I made it to the Michigan meeting.

I'm trying to remember when that was - in was late January/early February...2003 maybe?  I started here well before 2000 but had to re-register in 2000 when a lot of us had to re-register.
(02-05-2024, 03:14 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Bump again. Memories in here

Yes, long time being here. I do miss some of the characters...Curlycherry was always a favorite. I've met a few (Janus) and always enjoyed the banter. I still stop by here and there to see what folks are working on. Brad's recent table post is a great example.

Kevin
Like so many others, its been awhile since I have popped in. It was so incredibly busy back then and I learned so much. It took awhile to feel confident enough to share any knowledge. I remember having to register again back in 2000, hard to believe its been over 25 years ago I lucked on to this site. I remember talking of retiring and now its been over 8 years since i did that and I still am staying very busy in the shop. I live in a retirement community in Florida and have a backlog of stuff to make for other members in our community.  Just read a lot of threads and really enjoyed the info.

Jeff
(02-04-2024, 07:13 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I miss the old days. This place is barely recognizable from about 2007-2015 ish. That was the good ol days....this place was lively...always SOMETHING going on be it controversy, buying new tools through the early amazon/bing cash back deals, lumber runs, and so on. 

I always love when these threads pop up. Makes me smile. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

I miss you posting to buddy. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I haven’t posted in awhile. Life just got to busy. I’m still building furniture just not as much. Hopefully life will slow down when my kids are out of school. The kids and other interests keep my busy. My guess is most of the guys on here now will not even recognize my screen name.