Not exactly my day today
(03-28-2018, 06:51 PM)jteneyck Wrote: So this morning I was trimming the 2" hard wood edges off some 5 x 7" pieces of plywood.  I mistakenly pushed one of the offcuts forward after it was cut off the plywood.  You remember Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she said "Big mistake."  That thing shot back, banged a couple of knuckles on my hand and then hit me just below the belt - fortunately off center - but it still wasn't pleasant.  I wear a fairly heavy shop apron on purpose, and it didn't leave any more than a welt, but it sure is sore.  Bet it will be blue/green tomorrow.  

OK, later I put a new blade on my bandsaw, a 1" x 1.3 tpi.  A slip of my hand and I ran the back of a knuckle across one of those nice new amazingly sharp teeth; time for a Band Aide.  It wasn't a knuckle that got banged up from the flying offcut; not sure if that was a good or bad thing.  

Late this afternoon I went to pick up 130 bf of ash lumber for my kitchen project.  Forgot my gloves.  You know where this is going.  Yep, ran a nice sliver into another finger.  My hands were cold and I didn't even feel it at first.  The drips of blood on that nice white ash was my clue to look for damage.  Another Band Aide.  

I came home, unloaded the lumber, and decided it would be wise to stay out of the shop for the rest of the day.

I hope you had a more pleasant day.  

John

Oh, I forgot to mention that mid afternoon I wrenched my wrist trying to pull start my neighbor's ATV after I found the battery dead.  Never did get it started either.

Tough day, John. We've all had them. Glad the mishaps weren't more serious. Would be interested in seeing the progress on the kitchen.

Doug
(03-29-2018, 10:33 AM)Tapper Wrote:  Would be interested in seeing the progress on the kitchen.

Doug

So would my wife! 

Might have something to justify your effort to click on it in a couple of weeks.  Lots of distractions - ie - paying jobs.  

John
(03-29-2018, 12:08 PM)jteneyck Wrote: So would my wife! 

Might have something to justify your effort to click on it in a couple of weeks.  Lots of distractions - ie - paying jobs.  

John
That made me laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I tend to keep my hands, fingers, or arms bunged up most all time.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I learned as a kid to stand a little to the side when using the table saw. This was way before any safety thingy's. The water heater directly in line with the saw had several dents.
Rolleyes

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(03-29-2018, 02:50 PM)Foggy Wrote: I learned as a kid to stand a little to the side when using the table saw. This was way before any safety thingy's. The water heater directly in line with the saw had several dents.
Rolleyes

I was standing to the side of the work piece between the fence and blade, but not far enough for the cut off.  I really do need to look into some anti kickback pawls on the splitter, but the work piece was too short for them to have helped in this case anyway.  

Funny about your water heater.  My boiler door has several battle scars from projectiles hitting it, 15' behind my TS.  

John
Years back I was cutting off some oak blocks, about 3/4x2x3, somewhere around there.
One of them caught the blade and kicked it back at me, above my beltline.
I had a nice rosy red 3/4x3 tattoo on me for several days. That one stung for a while.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020