End Table for the Boss
Thanks, guys.   Yes, it is Steve.

Glue up happened today....and just as I got done...the Dungeon Creek started across the floor....glue-up is sitting on top of the tablesaw...high & dry...

Pictures as soon as I can get to them.   Shoptime?   I am Retired....have all the time I need...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Some of the glue up was done ON the bench...rails were done first...and their corner blocks installed.   Carefully set it down onto the floor...

And made sure it sat without rocking...too much...
Rolleyes

Added these top clamps....

Then installed the corner clamps..after the diagonal clamp pulled thing square...had to move the top clamps a bit...to allow some place for the diagonal clamp to grab onto

Managed to get this heavy beast up off the floor..
Cool 

Didn't want it's feet to get wet
Rolleyes 

East Branch, Dungeon Creek
Upset

Will let this sit a day, or two....may try to get the shelf panels cut to size, AFTER the creek goes away...and maybe work on the table's top....
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Floor has dried...ball game wasn't worth watching....headed for the shop....more fun, anyway
Winkgrin 

Clamps came off!   Plywood panels fitted and installed...c clamps and cauls to keep things sitting down into the glue...

Set the base onto the floor...set the top on the base...

Hmmm, top needs a lot of work....

Center board was a tad thicker ...cambered jack to thin it down a bit...glue lines needed a touch up..
Rolleyes

Corners needed a radius marked.

Cut the curve on the bandsaw, beltsander to smooth the saw marks,,,,and this vintage sander  had quite a bit of work to do....router reset...

More sanding....Set the top good side down on the bench, for now...base needed slotted holes drilled
Cool  

Set the base up and onto the top...centered up...at least on one edge...attached with screw and washers along that edge,,,clamp was used to pull the other edge into alignment

Two more screws and washers....centered in the slots.   Allows the the top to expand or contract as it wants...found the plug cutter, made 3 plugs...with my lock, I need a spare..
Installed two plugs..

And set the assembled table onto the floor...after the Foot Pads had been installed...

Waiting on glue to cure...have two inlay pieces to cobble up, and install...once those cauls get out of the way
Uhoh 
Then sand to 180/220 grits and add the Shellac...after that we'll see..

Just a simple table....stay tuned..
Hey I'm in. Finally got a minute to stick my nose in and critic.......

Popcorn...............I'm out of popcorn. I can't believe I....
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-03-2018, 12:05 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hey I'm in. Finally got a minute to stick my nose in and critic.......

Popcorn...............I'm out of popcorn. I can't believe I....

Too late. Steve's already done.
(12-03-2018, 06:55 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Too late. Steve's already done.

Oh.....oh. Hey I don't see any finish yet.
Big Grin
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

How about a PIP then...still need a coat of varnish...does have two coats of Witch's Brew Stain...
Cool 

Side view..

A view topside..
Winkgrin  

Table it will be replacing..

As the 1980s era pallet wood has seen better days..
Rolleyes 

Woodworking part is completed...need to complete the Finish part. 

BTW: Boss approved of her new table...
You're table looks great.  I approve as well, although, I know the boss's approval is the one that counts.  
Laugh 

As a newbie to hand tools, I really like the way you walked through the build on this.  Being a visual learner, it really helps to see the steps in the process.
Lookin good Bandit. Any idea what the next project is?
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Next project may be a good clean up of the shop....getting a bit cluttered...need places to store a few tools....
Rolleyes

Out of lumber at the moment....until the next Grandson Project......talking about wanting a Coffee Table for his house...
Uhoh

First off, need a can of varnish,,,and a few cheap brushes..
Winkgrin