Rustic Cherry Hope Chest
Wa Hoo! That is perfectly gougeous! Your workmanship is evident throughout. She'll love it--be sure to post her comments for us.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Looks wonderful Dave.

I can see the Yellowheart in the rose but what did you use for the leaves??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Job well done...very nice!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks, guys!

Yes, the plan is from Woodsmith issue 32 or 34. I've built one before using red oak, but I like this one a lot more. Don't tell my niece...
Winkgrin 

I gave it a seal coat of shellac and then did a light sanding. The finish is called Rude & Crude. At least that's what the guy I learned it from called it. Equal parts BLO, pure tung oil, and satin polyurethane. Apply liberally, let sit for 15 minutes, and wipe off. Wait a day and do it again - with no sanding between coats. I used three coats.

The rose is just yellow veneer for the petals and plain/white veneer dyed green for the stem & leaves. I had to re-apply the dye (using a brush) to the stem & leaves after scraping everything flush. As a result I had to re-do the petals due to the dye leaching into the yellow veneer.
Upset  I sealed the edges of the he second rose with thin super glue where they mated to the green. The second rose actually looked a lot better, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise...
Smirk

Thanks again, Everyone! I really appreciate the kind words!
Smile

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Beautiful work, Dave! Love the rose - a real classy touch!

Doug
Well done!  
Cool
Well done sir, well done!
Really nice job - just beautiful!  She's going to love it.

Lonnie
Stellar job!

More characters to say really stellar job
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Nicely done? 

What are the approximate dimensions?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?