Got a clever way of storing your driver bits?
Bug 
When drilling into a 3/4 board put a depth stop on your bit so it won't go through.
Depending on bit, I went either 1/2" or 5/8" deep.
Short---1/2
Tall-----5/8

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[quote pid="8142128" dateline="1685735250"]
A 19/32nds drill bit is just about right for the base of a 1/4" hex driver.  So don't drill the hole all the way through the block of wood.
There are all kinds of ways you can apply this.  Use your imagination.  Store bought stuff for these bits is rarely is satisfactory.

[/quote]
(05-30-2023, 10:17 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Hi,

I keep mine in a small metal can...every time I need a bit I pour them out, find the bit I need and scoop the rest back into the can....not too efficient.  I'm at a bit of a lull, woodworking-wise, so I thought I'd try to come up with a piece out of wood that'll hold them.  Have you built something you could share?  Since the bits themselves are 6-sided I can't simply drill holes in a block of wood........ unless there's been a 6-sided drill bit invention I don't know about. 
Smile   Here are my parameters:

1) Cheap.  I would like to use scrap wood

2) I'd rather not invest in magnets to hold them in the holder, but I need a way for them to not fall out of the holder is flipped/knocked over.

3) I realize that I could probably buy something, but I'm a cheap SOB so I'd like to make something.

I figure I've got 20-30 bits, but I'd like room for expansion.

Got any ideas?   (I have perused YT, but nothing really struck my fancy so far).

Thanks!

Here's where a slab of the styrofoam you get for free with just about anything purchased these days has a use.  A 1/4" hole drilled in a piece will collapse just enough to securely hold the bits (same-same for router bits) and they are easy to remove.