How do I square one end of this blank?
(06-25-2023, 12:45 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: The Bosch won't cut all the way through, short by about an inch. 

I was able to cut and rotate and get it close enough, leaving just a small corner uncut.  I hit it with my router plane to clean up.

Yes, has to be rotated. I never had a problem doing that.

The only circle saw next size up that will make one cut through a 6x6 is a 14"-16" RAS. Those can be picked up dirt cheap, discarded from the older lumber yards. 3PH.....

Add another tool to your arsenal. [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif][Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-28-2023, 02:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, has to be rotated. I never had a problem doing that.

The only circle saw next size up that will make one cut through a 6x6 is a 14"-16" RAS. Those can be picked up dirt cheap, discarded from the older lumber yards. 3PH.....

Add another tool to your arsenal. [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif][Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]

When I build a bigger shop a 14-16" RAS will be added, but I got rid of my Dewalt 1030 last year due to space limitations...and because this SCMS can cut deeper.
Semper fi,
Brad

Yes, 14-16's are valuable when working with big stock
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020