Painting over oil based wood trim
I used BIN shellac based primer on paneling in a mobile home that was 20+ years old. No sanding and only cleaned the kitchen walls and cabinets. I tinted the primer to match the finish coat. Then covered the primer with water based latex paint. Three bedrooms, two baths, two halls, a kitchen and living room. 20 years later there were ZERO problems with the paint, other than fading and wear.

That is how I can recommend just using shellac based primer and paint with no sanding.
(06-27-2023, 08:14 AM)Wipedout Wrote: So most of the interior wood trim (base boards door ways etc) has oil based paint on it.

Is there a paint that makes repainting easier now?  Really dont want to use oil based again. Quick drying easy clean up would be great

Or am I dreaming?

Did this to my entire house over the last 5 years.

Use a deglosser and I settled on Benjamin Moore Advance. I have had zero adhesion issues and the Advance paint flows so well its almost as good as oil base.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent