replacement power cord for planer
Juss indicated he was replacing the plug on that one he pic'd...no problem with doing what he wants using that cord.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-12-2023, 03:28 PM)Roly Wrote: When ever you use an extension cord instead of replacing cord with a longer length you are adding 6 connections plus the connection between the plug and socket, so 9 connections in all.   The by far the most common issues are connections.   Roly

^^^^
This
I like to use wire with rubber coating rather than plastic. It lays better and is much more flexible. The plastic coated ones are like having a garden hose.
(10-12-2023, 06:17 AM)fredhargis Wrote: That will work, but it might be less expensive to just by some SO cable at the home store and put your plug on it. Lowes and HD (I think) sell suitable cable by the foot. Personally I'd want it to be longer than 6', but that's just me.

You obviously haven’t priced SO cable or plugs at the BORG lately.    And a lot of Depots aren’t selling cable by the foot anymore in the store.  

Then there’s the time it’s gonna take you to drive around and acquire all that material.
(10-16-2023, 07:28 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: You obviously haven’t priced SO cable or plugs at the BORG lately.    And a lot of Depots aren’t selling cable by the foot anymore in the store.  

Then there’s the time it’s gonna take you to drive around and acquire all that material.

I was curious so checked HD's site. 25' 12-3 SJEOOW cord $20.91. I don't know what kind of ends are required but it looks like about $10 - $15 each. If Juss1 wants to make an extension cord he may have to go to an electrical supply place or mail order ends. I don't know if retail places carry 240 volt ends, they vary by amperage rating.
(10-16-2023, 10:17 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: I was curious so checked HD's site. 25' 12-3 SJEOOW cord $20.91. I don't know what kind of ends are required but it looks like about $10 - $15 each. If Juss1 wants to make an extension cord he may have to go to an electrical supply place or mail order ends. I don't know if retail places carry 240 volt ends, they vary by amperage rating.

They (the home stores) generally have the 20 and 30 amp 240V ends, and sometimes the 50 amp. He only needs 20 amp, those should be easy to find.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-11-2023, 09:36 PM)Juss1 Wrote: I'd like to replace the power cord for my 15" floor planer with a longer cord.  220V   Will any 12 gauge cord work or are there characteristics I need to look out for?  What do you think of this one?  Obviously I'll replace the end with a 220v twist.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinfox-Replacemen...9hdGY&th=1
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I used to laugh at orange  extension power cords. But realize they are a safety measure in my shop. Easier to see on floor, and not trip. When older anything helps!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer