Best dedicated router table motor
Suchner is industrial standard in Europe. Not cheap though.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
Gave up and bought a Router Raizer, decided my old Freud Router is a solid router I know works well.
(11-18-2023, 11:21 AM)davco Wrote: Gave up and bought a Router Raizer, decided my old Freud Router is a solid router I know works well.

Do you have a plate for this router or does it just stick up through a hole in the table top?

Doug
Hi Doug,

I built a 3/8" Lexan plate years ago for my homemade router table which I adapted for the Router Raizr. I wouldn't say installing Router Raizr was easy, I had to build a jig to brace the base and Plunge posts to drive out the roll pins. Also no one seems to answer their support number when I call, so I wonder if they are still in business. Anyway it's in and I'm happy with it.

Additionally their website: routertechnologies.com is unreachable. I think Rockler and Amazon may just be selling off the remaining inventory of these.
(11-21-2023, 12:23 PM)davco Wrote: Hi Doug,

I built a 3/8" Lexan plate years ago for my homemade router table which I adapted for the Router Raizr.  I wouldn't say installing Router Raizr was easy, I had to build a jig to brace the base and Plunge posts to drive out the roll pins.  Also no one seems to answer their support number when I call, so I wonder if they are still in business. Anyway it's in and I'm happy with it.

Additionally their website: routertechnologies.com is unreachable. I think Rockler and Amazon may just be selling off the remaining inventory of these.

If you are happy with the result then that's all that matters - good on ya! If for some reason you ever decide to make a change and go with a lift I can strongly recommend Incra and their version of the JessEm lift. They are great when it comes to customer service, always important to me.

Doug
Doug what router motor do you have
(11-21-2023, 12:23 PM)davco Wrote: Hi Doug,

I built a 3/8" Lexan plate years ago for my homemade router table which I adapted for the Router Raizr.  I wouldn't say installing Router Raizr was easy, I had to build a jig to brace the base and Plunge posts to drive out the roll pins.  Also no one seems to answer their support number when I call, so I wonder if they are still in business. Anyway it's in and I'm happy with it.

I wonder if Rockler bought routertechnologies or the rights to router raizer or something. They're "oversold" right now. Rockler sells a lot of router geegaws, perhaps they decided to add one more.
(11-23-2023, 10:37 PM)davco Wrote: Doug what router motor do you have

I am fortunate to have two tables; built one from scratch, the other I purchased on this forum many years ago (actually had it shipped back when that was feasible).  The one I built has an incra setup on it which I like a lot. Both tables have Porter Cable 7518's - haven't had a minute's trouble out of either one.

Doug
(11-02-2023, 08:51 AM)JDuke Wrote: Kurt.

I’m familiar with the PC 8529 speed control capacitors fix as I bought a few of them on clearance back when they were going cheap.

And did replace the capacitors in a couple of them.
Still have one on the shelf. ( I’d hate to count how many routers I have, I’m sure it’s over 20 if you count trim routers)

One thing to think of when buying a long term router, is availability of things like collets and as someone already mentioned brushes Etc.

I have an old Freud router that was a challenge to find a collet for.

If you need a Freud collet it might be worth calling Elaire corp. at 419-843-2192. Sometimes brand A collets work on certain brand B routers. It sticks in my mind that the collet for a DeWalt 625 router will work with Freud FT2000E routers. Don't hold me to that though.
I have 2 router tables in operation at the present. The one with the Incra fence I built in 87 I believe. It has an angle plat design and I built it before there were any router lifts. I sent the idea in and about 2 years later they started showing up on the market.  The other one I built a wood Pecker's lift onto a Craftsman shaper top. I bought the lift here on the S@S section of the forum. Anyway. The router table top is set up is on the old shaper legs in the picture but it has since went into its own cabinet Both have PC 7518 motors. The one with the Incra fence has been in use since 87 The other is about 10 years newer.

I have another one that I put into a Bandsaw table. It is machined for a Rockler lift . I had it mounted to a wall but I have been rearranging my shop so it so it is on a shelf until  next spring. It had a PC 690 in it but that is only because I have it other wise I would put in a Bosch 1617 EVS.

Personally if I had it to do all over again I would use the Bosch in every thing. It is big enough to do everything. Now raised panel cutters take power but what is a few more lighter cuts? If you want to take heavier and less cuts you do not need a bigger router you need a 3 HP shaper.

I prefer the Bosch but use whatever you decide on getting is okay.. All you will get here is opinions and an opinion is like a nose everyone has one.

Tom