20" Rip saw wanted
(02-01-2024, 08:38 PM)Bryan F. Wrote: I've seen a few that are pretty cheap/rough, about $20 at the local flea market.  I'll pick up one to practice on.

Is $20 what they're getting for beat up saws in your area? I know inflation has gotten crazy but that seems high to me. Central IN I think you can buy a good bones but needs restored handsaw for $5 all day long, not counting gas and time spent looking. And I don't think anyone else mentioned it but you know you'll want to get a decent saw vise too, correct? These are ~$10 (possibly missing parts) to $25 (near mint) in my mind but they're probably $50+ nowadays. You can also make your own. Oh yeah, files. Files have gotten pretty expensive too. Only thing I can tell you on files is if you are buying it at a big box store, you probably don't want it. Get some good files, someone on here can hopefully point you in the right direction on what to buy and where.