Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,417
» Latest member: Dyoung
» Forum threads: 65,043
» Forum posts: 1,007,315

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 442 online users.
» 13 Member(s) | 426 Guest(s)
Facebook, Google, Bing, Roly, scpapa, EatenByLimestone, Tapper, RandyO, pconroy, fredhargis, dymo8, Tony Z, brad jansen

Latest Threads
Whatever happened to Dere...
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: Derek Cohen
1 hour ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 965
SawStop PCS with Overarm ...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: Johnny Currado
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
New Shop Photos - Randy C
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: museumguy
6 hours ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 734
Tree of Life
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: iclark
Today, 12:05 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 288
Some saws (on request)
Yesterday, 11:42 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 280
The Plane has landed
Yesterday, 11:38 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 531
Build Thread for my Broth...
Forum: Woodturning
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 814
Interesting counterpoint ...
Last Post: C. in Indy
Yesterday, 04:46 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,141
A Project for May?
Last Post: bandit571
Yesterday, 02:12 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 283
mulch options for grass s...
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: EightFingers
05-02-2024, 11:09 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 608

Reporting Rules Violations (or, How To Complain)
Posted by: WoodNet Manager - 07-13-2005, 10:33 AM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - Replies (3)

Print this item

Tips for Searching the Forums
Posted by: WoodNet Manager - 06-15-2005, 08:56 AM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - Replies (27)

This forum's search feature may return confusing results for you if you use more than one word. This is because by default, searching for several words will return results with any of those words in it. So searching for router table will return posts that have the word "router" in it as well as posts that have the word "table". This is not very useful!

So, to solve this problem, you can require that all of your search terms appear in the same post. To do this, you add a plus sign (+) directly before the word, like so:

Code:
+router +table

(Notice there is no space between the + and the beginning of the word.)

This will search for "all posts with the words 'router' AND 'table'." And this is usually what you want.

Print this item

What is the WoodNet Emergency Notification Network
Posted by: K. L. McReynolds - 06-05-2005, 09:07 PM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - Replies (5)

Mac - I see there is not much representation on the East coast - I would be glad to be involved if BOD assistance is needed. I know I am not one of the regular bunch - so I will understand if that is a problem. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Print this item

Guidelines for Posting(Up dated)--READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!
Posted by: WoodNet Manager - 05-26-2005, 10:13 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (5)

When posting in this forum, please observe the following guidelines:

To help keep as many different threads on each page, please use only one thread for multiple items. The multiple items can be noted in the thread title.

• This forum is for selling/swapping tools. If you're not looking to buy, sell, or trade, your post is off-topic and subject to deletion.
  • Clearly state what you're selling or looking for, and the price you have in mind.

• If you are advertising or associated with a business, that's fine, but you need to be up front about this fact.
  • It's helpful to others if you include your location in your post. You may want to also put it in the subject line of your posting.
  • If you feel someone's asking price is out of line, it's often more polite to contact them via private message rather than posting in their thread. Use your best judgement.
  • It is courteous to post a follow-up when the item has been bought or sold.
  • If you'd like to disable replies to your post, send a private message to one of the moderators to the Tool Swap 'n Sell forum.
  • Posts omitting either description or price will be deleted without notice.
  • Posts that direct people to other ads off-site, such as eBay auctions or Craigslist ads, are also subject to deletion.
  • When listing multiple items, use a single thread instead of multiple threads.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line at woodnet@augusthome.com

(The original posting of these guidelines was slightly different. If you have suggestions, let me know.)

Print this item

Picture Posting for an person
Posted by: Tuck_TKE - 02-24-2005, 12:43 AM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - Replies (486)

Ok, I'm fairly new to the forums, and recently finished a project I was wanting to post pics of in a thread. When I click on "Image", it wants a URL to post the image. This is different from other forums I've posted at, because I could upload pics from my PC to the board. Could someone please explain to me a way to post two pics from my computer to the thread? I know, the FNG can't figure out something simple, sorry, LOL.

Print this item

How to View Users' Avatars
Posted by: WoodNet Manager - 01-24-2005, 11:18 AM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - No Replies

This forum allows users to set a picture to show next to their username when they post. These pictures are called avatars. To view the avatars with users' posts, follow these steps:

- Click "My Home" at the top of the screen.

- Scroll to the bottom and click "Edit" next to "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors..."

- Scroll down to the question " View user's pictures with their posts?", select "Yes", and click the "Submit" button.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.