Photo Tutorial
BUMP
“Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.”
M. C. Escher
!!!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

One more time

Dry Creek Woodturning

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Thanks for the tutorial Neal

Something I really needed

Glad this one has been saved over the years.
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Neal has great tutorials on his site. He's helped me tons!
Elevators smell different to midgets.
FWIW, I've changed photo editors since this was first posted. For two years I wanted Adobe Lightroom but always seemed to have better things to do with $300. About mid December I noticed that Lightroom 3 was on sale for around $160 so I pulled the trigger. All I can say is WOW!!

If you have a lot of photos to manage Lightroom is hard to beat. The image management and workflow features simply rock! Lightroom is specifically designed for photographers. It does NOT have all of Photoshop's (now called "CS") graphics design features but it does cover a photographer's needs exceptionally well.
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
Hey Neal, thanks for the tutorial. I put it to use today, see below.

Lights, camera, action! Spent $15 on white foam board with a nice reflective cover on it, and another $10 on the shop lights. The globes at the top of the picture are Christmas decorations, hanging from the chandelier, in case you were wondering.

A before picture. Note the nice blue background. I was using the simple editing tools in Picasa, which are better than nothing, but not very sophisticated.

And after, using GIMP:

I could play around with the color saturations a bit more, the bowl looks a bit yellow to me. But still, a great improvement over what it was. Thanks!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Sweet!

Nikon D90, huh? Nice camera.
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
Once again

Dry Creek Woodturning