Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,419
» Latest member: V. Woods
» Forum threads: 65,049
» Forum posts: 1,007,392

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 398 online users.
» 14 Member(s) | 380 Guest(s)
Facebook, Bing, Google, Twitter, EdL, EatenByLimestone, MudDuck, RandyO, cpolubin, jcousins2, Tony Z, sweensdv2

Latest Threads
Grr-Ripper 200
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: museumguy
59 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Whatever happened to Dere...
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: FrankAtl
4 hours ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 1,249
Gutter Guards
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: crokettâ„¢
4 hours ago
» Views: 36
A Project for May?
Last Post: bandit571
5 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 313
Husqvarna Chainsaw ID
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: Petertaylor
6 hours ago
» Views: 26
The Plane has landed
Last Post: BpB123
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 591
Tree of Life
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: jteneyck
Yesterday, 04:30 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 370
Wood Haul found on the si...
Last Post: bpatters69
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 494
SawStop PCS with Overarm ...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: Johnny Currado
Yesterday, 11:38 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 180
New Shop Photos - Randy C
Last Post: museumguy
Yesterday, 06:52 AM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 813

Bosch 300 series dishwasher
Posted by: carwashguy - 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (7)

I was looking at those last month as the Kenmore I like is no longer made. I read more negative comments than good, so I went to Sears to talk to the one guy in appliances that has been there for years to get his opinion. He told me they get high ratings because of low energy use and noise level but other than that not a good machine. I am looking at this Kitchen aid KDFE104DSS and this kenmore Model # 13693. Leaning heavily to the kitchen aid HD has it for $1 less and lowes will price match and 10% more. Buying discounted Gift Cards and using Fatwallet should take it down another 15%

Print this item

Garage Door Opener malfuction
Posted by: NWOhioJim - 11-24-2015, 05:04 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (3)

The eyes are misaligned that go across the door opening.

Print this item

Maple bowl
Posted by: Steve K - 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (6)

Very nice well done.
I think Ill try some burning.

Print this item

Where Can I buy Spindle Adapter
Posted by: Doug_H - 11-24-2015, 03:33 PM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (5)

Hey Doug,
Try http://bestwoodtools.com they make adapters and can do custom work. Give them a call to specify your needs.

Another Doug

Print this item

Lee Valley alternative to Micro Fence Plunge base
Posted by: Teak - 11-24-2015, 02:19 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (3)

I've had a Roto-zip for many years. It's come in handy for drywall cutouts, but I would never spend ~$200 to convert it to a precision router system!

Print this item

Does anyone know /own a Makita 4341FCT jig saw?
Posted by: blues09 - 11-24-2015, 01:13 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - No Replies

I have one I got used 5 years ago like new.

The question I have is when it's in orbital mode I can't see the orbit working with the tool running . If I put pressure on the roller then it moves.

Makita doesn't know and I had it apart to replace the lever assembly since when I got it the lever fell out . I got a new lever and spring this is the orbital lever and replaced the E clip yet the actuator that moves the guide roller is not bent and does move up and down as it should and contacts the roller blade guide . It seems the rubber seal on the roller guide which is also new is stiff and keeps the roller guide forward the old rubber seal acts the same .

Print this item

Clear finish
Posted by: tilleywood - 11-24-2015, 01:07 PM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (4)

I've always had good luck with Arm-R-Seal from General Finishes, although I can't say that I've specifically used it over white chestnut stain.

A clear acrylic might work as well, but again, no personal experience over white stain.

Print this item

Tracing electrical outlets to breaker's
Posted by: Grey Eagle - 11-24-2015, 12:53 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (4)

there was a relatively recent thread about this. Don't remember what the subject was. I use a radio on really loud so I can hear it go off from the breaker box

Print this item

Duct size for 3 HP DC
Posted by: 03rangerfx4 - 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (3)

all my main drops are 5" then necked down to 4"

My trunk is 8"

longest run I have is 30'

If you only use one or two gates at a time 5" will be fine.....

Print this item

Vise for Powermatic DP
Posted by: MN1965 - 11-24-2015, 09:37 AM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (2)

What vise are you wanting to mount? That will determine mounting options.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.