Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,421
» Latest member: mgmartino
» Forum threads: 65,101
» Forum posts: 1,008,378

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 398 online users.
» 15 Member(s) | 380 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Facebook, Wudshop, lincmercguy, FrankAtl, nodima, Rod Torgeson, hbmcc, EdL, WriteRev, mdfcore, farmerj111

Latest Threads
Gutter Guards
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: Gary G™
1 hour ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 721
Drawer Lock Bit - Drawer ...
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: tablesawtom
2 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 301
Interesting counterpoint ...
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: Mike Brady
2 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1,420
Millers Falls
Last Post: bandit571
3 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 467
A Project for May?
Last Post: bandit571
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 1,086
FS Laguna Dust Collector
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: rayknight
Yesterday, 07:32 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 228
Harvey sliding table
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: tablesawtom
Yesterday, 07:10 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 208
Greenlee slick handle len...
Last Post: barryvabeach
Yesterday, 06:22 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 435
Oven ignitors
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: JDuke
Yesterday, 06:05 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 234
Vintage Dewalt RAS table ...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: JDuke
Yesterday, 06:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 77

Making a London Pattern Saw Handle
Posted by: JustinTyson - 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (10)

Great pictorial and terrific work. Nice save of a great old saw plate. No. 7's are my favorite saws.

By the way, nice hewing axe!

Steve

Print this item

What do you think of Paul Sellers workbench?
Posted by: dcurrit - 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (87)

I hope to start making a new workbench soon. I got Chris Shwarz book and was planning on making a Roubo then I watched some of Paul Sellers videos. His bench confuses me. I don't see how you would edge plane a long board. I also don't get the purpose of the apron. Maybe it is just to add rigidity. It doesn't seem to have dog holes and it does not seem optimal for clamping to. Overall, I am not sure it is that much of an upgrade from my current bench (4x4 legs, 2x4 stringers and particle board top) that I built before I knew anything. Any help understanding the theory of this workbench would be appreciated. Thanks.

Print this item

Isaac is Making Frame Saw Blades
Posted by: renaissanceww - 02-13-2013, 09:51 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (3)

As one of the prople who's been asking around for blades, this is great.

Now we just need someone to put together a resource site with plans for a couple of different styles.

Where do I want the holes drilled? I have no idea.

Print this item

Laguna Driftmaster Fence Mounting System
Posted by: AgGEM - 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (5)

Great job and lathe! Metal Lathe and Mill are on my list

Print this item

Finished my tool box
Posted by: Jonathan S - 01-24-2013, 01:12 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (17)

Digging it!

Print this item

Thoughts of a turner facing his final days spinning [OT]
Posted by: Larry528 - 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (12)

I'm very sorry about what you're going through. I have stage 4 melanoma that I've been fighting now for almost 2 years. It'll be 2 years in March since I was diagnosed. My outlook isn't as grim as yours though. So far it hasn't spread beyond my left leg and there are some new treatments that are nearing release for it. I haven't had to have the same talk with my Dr. or family that you have.
It looks like you're taking things far better than I would even though I've had plenty of time to think about it.
Keep positive and keep turning. I firmly believe continuing to learn and having goals helps.
If there's anything I can do for you let me know.
Rodney

Print this item

Hanging a clamp rack...
Posted by: titanxt - 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (6)

Actually, looks like I will be hitting 4 studs, so 16 screws total....

Print this item

Handplane storage
Posted by: PaulM85 - 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (53)

I've been using handtools more and I'd like to build a tool box for better storage and easier access. I've seen handplanes stored a lot of diffrent ways, (flat-blade down, on their side and vertically). How do you store yours and why?

Print this item

Old arn pic thread
Posted by: RolHammer - 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (139)

I was surfing some pics over at OWWM and got to thinking there's gotta be a lot of stuff guys & gals here have too. (Heck, probably a lot of overlap too.)

So, if you have an old piece of WWing equipment you love - post pics of it below! I love looking at this stuff and imagine I'm not alone.

Print this item

A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year?
Posted by: efmrrt - 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (115)

Being passionate about woodworking I like to develop new skills, refine old skills and become more educated. At the start of every year I like to create a list of what I would like to, accomplish, learn, places to go, etc.

Some of the things that I have come up with this year include:
- Trying Japanese tools - chisels, saws, etc
- Visit more museums
- Increasing or diversifying range of furniture types/periods
- Continue to refine my turning skills
- Complete a couple of projects outside my comfort zone.

It's a starting point for this coming year.

Have you given any thought as to what your doing this year?

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.