Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,413
» Latest member: lewisstevey7
» Forum threads: 65,003
» Forum posts: 1,006,502

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 561 online users.
» 8 Member(s) | 550 Guest(s)
Facebook, Google, BrettS, Stwood_, dwg, TABlank, EdL, gear jammer, lincmercguy, Dave in Denver

Latest Threads
Wood Haul found on the si...
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Stwood_
1 minute ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 65
New Shop Photos - Randy C
Last Post: pconroy
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
Bench Project
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: BaileyNo5
3 hours ago
» Views: 100
Odds and Ends
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: TheCabinetmaker
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 53
Workbench
Last Post: tablesawtom
6 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 1,075
Whatever happened to Dere...
Last Post: Tony Z
Today, 11:20 AM
» Views: 115
Forrest DK10244G Dado Kin...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: JosephP
Yesterday, 06:53 PM
» Views: 261
Lumber Run...resupplied f...
Last Post: EdL
Yesterday, 05:32 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
Greenlee slick handle len...
Last Post: Blacky's Boy
Yesterday, 04:21 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 150
The Plane has landed
Last Post: Tapper
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 363

New Popular Woodworking Magazine
Posted by: hbmcc - 11-16-2019, 02:17 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (72)

New, or continuing publication, Pop Wood website: https://www.popularwoodworking.com/

I stumbled through the site and there are several free articles and blog posts many here will find of interest. Enjoy your trip!

Print this item

Kiln Dryed Hardwood Northwest In
Posted by: Tim J. Chase - 11-16-2019, 12:56 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (6)

Looking for figured hardwood in Northwest In.
Does anyone remember Lavern from Elkhart county?
He operated a circular mill and kiln.
Thanks
Tim

Print this item

Dovetail Jig is Sold
Posted by: cputnam - 11-16-2019, 11:47 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - No Replies

This NIB, unopened jig is the older style jig - before 2005
Pickup only in CA - the eastern edge of the Inland Empire

[Image: 49074407267_f8ccca70ae_5k.jpg]Rockler Dovetail Jig by Curt Putnam, on Flickr

Print this item

Stairs
Posted by: fptahoe - 11-16-2019, 07:27 AM - Forum: Finishing - Replies (7)

Need some advice please.  I pulled up the carpeting on the basement steps and they are all pine.  My wife wants to put a carpet runner on the steps leaving the sides of the treads exposed, and so now I need to stain the treads and paint the risers.  On staining and finishing the treads, a couple of questions:

Should I use some type of sealer before staining to make sure the stain goes into the pine evenly - the color of the stain is espresso, so a dark stain.  The pine does not have any stain or paint on them and is bare wood.

After the stain, I wanted to use a water based product like Arm-R-Seal or Enduro-Var as a finish, but am wondering if I need an oil based poly.  Since there is a runner, the stained and finished part of the tread will get very little traffic on top, but still needs to be somewhat durable.

Any other advice on this project would be appreciated.  Thank you as always...FPT

Print this item

Baltic Birch Plywood
Posted by: Mike 55 - 11-15-2019, 03:12 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (18)

Hi,

I'm looking to make a crosscut sled and a couple of shop carts. I never used Baltic Birch plywood but I see it in the material lists all the time. Is it worth the cost and since I don't have any place that stocks it where is the best place to buy it on-line. 

Thanks

Mike

Print this item

Old Brown Glue
Posted by: Halfathumb - 11-15-2019, 01:41 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (8)

What makes this product so attractive since it's quite a bit more that similar glues? 
Confused I've been contemplating trying it but, not sure exactly with what applications it's best used. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Print this item

Hartville Tool Discount?
Posted by: joemac - 11-15-2019, 12:03 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - No Replies

Nevermind

TIA,

Joe

Print this item

Hartville tools?
Posted by: joemac - 11-15-2019, 10:05 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (1)

Never mind

TIA,

Joe

Print this item

Sold! NEW Festool Kapex KS 120 REB (575306) - Houston, Texas
Posted by: deepcreek - 11-15-2019, 09:11 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (2)

NEW Festool Kapex KS 120 REB (575306)

Sold! $1,250 $1,300 Firm - Local Sale Only (Houston, Texas)

BRAND NEW – NEVER USED – NOT REFURBISHED

This is the just released 2019 model with the redesigned base and motor. Manufactured in September 2019.

Only removed from box to take photos. First two are stock photos. Other five are actual unboxing.

I ended up with two of these and only need one. Long story that I will be happy to share if you are seriously interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

looking for web site to identify old hammer/axes/hoes
Posted by: toolmiser - 11-14-2019, 08:56 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (4)

I was doing a little winter cleanup and dug out a couple milk crates of old hammers, hatchets, hoes, fro.  I would just like to identify the uses of them.  I know there is plenty of wisdom here, but I have probably 25 of them and don't expect you folks to do my leg work for me.  

Looks like I should learn to make some handles too.  I will need to identify them before doing that so I come close to what it should have.

Thanks again.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.