Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,413
» Latest member: lewisstevey7
» Forum threads: 65,001
» Forum posts: 1,006,461

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 571 online users.
» 16 Member(s) | 552 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, camp10, TheCabinetmaker, Rod Torgeson, lincmercguy, BarnstCJ, bpatters69, tablesawtom, BrettS, BrokenOlMarine, Dave Crow, Tapper

Latest Threads
Wood Haul found on the si...
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: bpatters69
5 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Workbench
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: tablesawtom
15 minutes ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 1,038
Bench Project
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: EatenByLimestone
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 70
Whatever happened to Dere...
Last Post: Tony Z
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 66
Forrest DK10244G Dado Kin...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: JosephP
Yesterday, 06:53 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 254
Lumber Run...resupplied f...
Last Post: EdL
Yesterday, 05:32 PM
» Views: 73
Greenlee slick handle len...
Last Post: Blacky's Boy
Yesterday, 04:21 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 122
The Plane has landed
Last Post: Tapper
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 348
Some saws (on request)
Last Post: Tapper
Yesterday, 11:06 AM
» Views: 69
Just hanging around?
Last Post: bandit571
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68

#0 Lamello Biscuits
Posted by: WoodworkerTom - 04-28-2019, 03:57 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (2)

At least 900 left in box. Looks like a medium flat rate ship box to send. $5 for my effort plus the flat rate box cost so all in about $20.

Send me PM if Interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Routers
Posted by: tablesawtom - 04-28-2019, 02:27 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (21)

I am just wondering how many full sizes routers some of you have? I think I have 13 and and if I look real hard I may fine at least one, or two, or three more. I am wondering if I am alone in the world or if there are more out there just like me. That is a scary thought isn't it? And I am not even going to ask about the palm router world.

For me, it is easier and less trouble to change routers than it is to change and set up router bits, But the possibility of having to admit that I might have a router problem scares me.  My wife's eyes just glaze over when I mention router so I am hopping it is a concern and not an addiction. Now to help keep the record straight it has taken me 50 years to collect this many, Not to mention the ones that were replaced. And if I do have a possible problem, can I now chalk it up to a senior moment? Or can I claim to be one who is just ahead of his time?

Tom

Print this item

Pill Bottle Lids
Posted by: BrokenOlMarine - 04-28-2019, 01:20 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (18)

I get prescription meds from my docs, and had been tossing the empty bottles away.  They come with child proof caps and at my request they include the simple screw off NON-child proof caps as well when they fill them.  I had been tossing the child proof caps, and writing the name of the meds on the smooth top of the ADULT caps when I got them.  Then the extra clean caps would get tossed, so I didn't have to write the name of the med on them again.  Seemed a shame, but how many caps do you need, Right?

Then it hit me.  I had been tearing scraps of brown paper off to squirt dabs of glue on, mix two part epoxy on, and the rest.  I started saving all the pill bottle caps, tossing them in a box to take to the shop.  I also save the tops to the cottage cheese, sour cream, etc.  Just need a bit of glue to dip screws in, or to coat a few corners.  Squirt it in a cap, dip and spread as needed and toss the cap when you are done.  Mix the epoxy on the cottage cheese lid, and use as needed; toss the lid.  That smooth plastic works well and doesn't impart color or newsprint to the epoxy.  I have a basket in the shop containing those lids and caps, and one beside it with all those fake credit cards and business cards that fill my mailbox.  They make great throwaway spreaders for the glue and epoxy. 
Big Grin

I have also saved a few of the larger pill bottles.  I store various fine sawdust from the different wood species in them, mark the bottles with the contents and when I need to plug nail holes I mix a bit with the glue... boom. Done.  Filling a knot hole with the superglue, layer it with the proper sawdust.. sand flush.. boom.  Can also use the larger bottles to store the last small amount of stain or watco oil... when that top gets harder and harder to get off the metal can.  label it and use it up on the next project.  The pill bottles take up less space as well.

Raised

Print this item

Which Optivisor
Posted by: johndi - 04-28-2019, 12:30 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (7)

Time to admit I can’t see as well as I used to.
Does anyone use an Optivisor ?
Looked them up and there are different magnifications etc,
Would be used primarily for sharpening and hand tool work.
Looking for any recommendations
Thanks

Print this item

Jorgensen F-Style Clamps
Posted by: conejo77 - 04-28-2019, 11:01 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (3)

Rockler use to carry a EZ-Quick release system for Jorgensen F-style clamps which has been discontinued. I have searched the web to no avail trying to locate this item. Does anyone happen to know if they are still available to be purchased from another vendor?

Print this item

** Sold ** Small waxed canvas & leather tool roll
Posted by: Yotie - 04-28-2019, 09:43 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - No Replies

** Sold ** I made a small tool roll for some leather tools, and have one left over and thought one of you guys might have some small tools you could store .... 15” x 8.25”, with 9/1.5” pockets, and one 1” pocket for your favorite pencil , that are 5” Deep..... grommets for hanging if need be ..... $25 shipped. PM if interested .... Don

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

One dollar Yard Sale find...
Posted by: bandit571 - 04-27-2019, 12:46 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (5)

Well, $1.10 for the pair..
Winkgrin

Circular saw did need a new wrench to change the blades with...screwdriver?

Cleaned up the brass handle, scrubbed what little rust was on the steel...handle had a rattle to it
Confused 

Hmmm, 4 screwdrivers, for a dollar?
Cool 

Might come it handy, someday...
Winkgrin

Print this item

Notre Dame
Posted by: blackhat - 04-27-2019, 09:24 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (2)

Conversations about the rebuild of the cathedral ended up to finding this vid.

Print this item

Window replacement
Posted by: JTTHECLOCKMAN - 04-27-2019, 01:27 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (12)

I have started the process of looking for replacement windows and sliding patio door and also Bay Window. I am looking to do just replacements (sash and tracks as a unit) I have checked Replacement windows by Anderson with their different window material and they are very expensive. 

Today I looked at Sunrise Windows (Restoration grade) Has anyone used these windows and can you give some feedback?? Talked to a salesman and of course he had all the data to show they are the best windows on the market and made comparisons to others. I told him that if I talked to each company they would do the exact same thing. So I am throwing it out here to see if anyone has these windows and what their thoughts are?? Thanks.

Print this item

Which way does the gib go?
Posted by: Papa Jim - 04-26-2019, 03:42 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (6)

I discovered the Powermatic mortiser I bought at auction was missing the gib, so I ordered one. One side is flat and the other has a groove from end to end.  My question is which side faces the column and which faces the gib screws. My logic says that the flat side goes to the column but that comes from the same brain that didn't realize the gib was missing until the gib screws scored the column. Would appreciate it if someone in the know could educate me.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.